TAB was established in 1965 as a subsidiary of Rudnik Mežica Holding (Lead Mine Mežica Holding) in a region where different lead activities are more than 350 years old.
For the first 15 years TAB was a licence partner of Tudor, Sweden. Nowdays, TAB is producing a wide range of lead acid flooded, VRLA AGM and VRLA Gel batteries in two modern factories with 400 employees:
- The 1st factory is producing batteries sold under the house TAB brands Topla, and TAB, plus First Equipment-OEM with annual capacity of 2.000.000 pieces;
- The 2nd factory is for the production of industrial batteries, trade mark TAB, annual capacity is 1.000.000 pieces of medium size traction and stationary cells.
- In TAB also various military batteries are produced.
- High quality batteries are known worldwide especially in Europe, Asia and America.
- TAB are OEM suppliers to Massey Ferguson, Ingersoll Rand and the Kion Industrial Group